Thursday, 17 January 2013

Change

Hi beauties.

I've been away for a long time, and I'll explain why shortly.

I was emotionally and physically drained for almost two months, because my whole world was changing. On a normal Wednesday night after work, K told me that he was miserable and really disliked being with me.  I won't go into any details, but I'll tell you that I tried to fight for us, but in my honest opinion I think he gave up.

We broke up 11 days ago, after dating for seven years.

These 11 days have been the best time of my life. I haven't spent one evening by myself, since my friends and family are very supportive and have shown me exactly why I love them the way I do. My favourite girlfriends took me out last Friday. I've never been single in a bar before (since I was 17 when I met K), before last week, that is... I was literally alone for 30 seconds, before I found myself surrounded by random guys. Not exactly what I wanted from a girls' night out, but it sure made me feel a hell of a lot better about myself.

What surprised me was that I actually like being single. My face hurts from constantly smiling for 6 days. I'm genuinely happy. I'm motivated more than ever to work, to get out of the house and to dream about my future. 

2013 means a lot of happy moments for me. I'm planning a trip to see my family in London and a three-week vacation in Thailand and Australia in August. Ah, I just can't wait.

I'll store my happy moments in a mason jar. I got this tip from a friend who suggested that I write down some precious moments, things that make me smile, happy thoughts and positive things on small pieces of paper and put them in a jar. I'll go through the notes in December and look back on the happiest times of my year - some of the moments and happy thoughts will probably surprise me. So far I've written down things about my friends and family, last weekend (oh. my. God.) and work. I really want to remember all the things and people that have made me smile this year. You people should definitely do this, too.

Store your happy moments in a mason jar to look back on them later.


Being single means that K won't be shooting my outfit posts anymore, so unless I find a new (and hopefully handsome) photographer, my outfit posts are on a break. I'll post more about interior design (and my house, which I am NOT selling, by the way), inspirational photography, yada-yada. I blog a lot more often on Lil'Fit, since training and coaching is my day job and writing about health comes really easy to me. I'm also on Instagram, uploading pictures of my baby pug Nuppu and fitness stuff almost daily.



When someone walks out of your life, let them. There's no use in wasting your time on people that leave you. What you make of yourself and your future is no longer tied to them. Yeah, you may miss them, but remember that you weren't the one to give up. I have absolutely no regrets.

I won't bore you any further with my personal stuff, I just wanted to let you know that I'm ok. 

Hope you're well, you'll hear from me again soon.

Love,
Ulrika & Nuppu

5 comments:

  1. Last paragraph is absolutely true. I've gone through the same process and it's not a time to dwell in self pity. Everything happens for a reason, imo. If someone doesn't like the way you are - fuck them.

    You're awesome, U!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you - i wish you all the besta dn take your time ;)

    ReplyDelete

  3. Yhtä aikaa harmittaa todella paljon sinun puolesta ja toisaalta olen NIIN onnellinen. Viikonlopputarina kuulosti upealta.. Koettu. :) Ja purnukka-idea on huikea, kokeilemisen arvoinen itsellekin.

    Ihan kielen päällä on lainaus siitä, miten päästää irti jostain koska edessä on jotain paljon parempaa .. Siinä sen opetus varmaan oli koruttomasti sanottuna. x

    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. "sometimes you just have to let go of things, not because you are giving up, but because you realize that it just cannot be and you deserve better."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Voi muru, ikävää kuulla erosta - toisaalta, jos se ei ollut toimiakseen, niin mieluummin huomata se nyt eikä kymmenen vuoden päästä :) Tsemppiä jatkoon, ja ihanaa kuulla että voit noinkin hyvin kaikesta huolimatta :) Odotan innolla tulevia postauksia - kunhan sellaisia ehdit tekemään ;) Haleja ♥

    ReplyDelete

Pug-a-licious loves your words.
I read every comment and respond to them as soon as I can. So please leave a link to your blog, and I'll visit it :)

Don't forget to follow !

/U

//P.S. bye-bye word verification !